Serving families of children or adults with special needs;
providing horseback riding and related activities.
We create a fun and therapeutic environment where everyone is able!
(enhancing physical, emotional, spiritual and mental health)
To provide the best possible family-focused recreational, educational and therapeutic year-round equine activity program for persons with disabilities (and their siblings and peers) by embracing these opportunities (now and in the future):
– Our own independent facility, with a heated barn, training rooms and an office (plus!).
– Multiple site offerings (using opportunities as they arise).
– Working with other programs to create the best community offerings
(Ironwood Springs, Rochester Park and Rec, PossAbilities, We Can Ride, PATH Intl., Turncrest stables, Local Schools, Hiawatha Homes, Cardinal, ArSys, Friendship Ventures and more)
– Growth and improvements in class offerings:
– Registered Group lessons
– Collaboration on Group lessons
– Private/Semi-private lessons (including students taking our classes during school hours)
– One Time Fun Time community visits
– Ground program (including showmanship, horse science, spirit painting, grooming and more)
– Sensory trail
– Vaulting, drill team and other ideas incorporated to offer creative lessons
– Rainbow Curriculum incorporated into our 5 week curriculum
– Driving program
Further potential vision:
– To provide support, networking and therapeutic recreation for families affected by disabilities.
– To provide Hippotherapy in our program.
– To provide a therapeutic equine activity setting for our volunteers (and realize volunteers are secondary clients for our program).
– To provide Special Olympics training in our program.
– To upgrade to a premier PATH Intl. Accredited Center.