Serving families of children or adults with special needs;
providing horseback riding and related activities.
We create a fun and therapeutic environment where everyone is able!
(enhancing physical, emotional, spiritual and mental health)
To provide the best possible family-focused recreational, educational and therapeutic year-round equine activity program for persons with disabilities (and their siblings and peers) by embracing these opportunities (now and in the future):
– Our own independent facility, with a heated barn, training rooms and an office (plus!).
– Multiple site offerings (using opportunities as they arise).
– Working with other programs to create the best community offerings
(Ironwood Springs, Rochester Park and Rec, 3 Feathers/Goodhue, PossAbilities, We Can Ride, PATH Intl., Turncrest stables, Local Schools, The Paddock, ArSys, Friendship Ventures and more)
– Growth and improvements in class offerings:
– Registered Group lessons
– Collaboration on Group lessons (similar to PossAbilities)
– Private/Semi-private lessons (including students taking our classes during school hours)
– One Time Fun Time community classes
– Ground program (including showmanship, horse science, spirit painting, grooming and more)
– Sensory trail
– Vaulting, drill team and other ideas incorporated to offer creative lessons
– Rainbow Curriculum incorporated into our 5 week curriculum
– Driving program
Further potential vision:
– To provide support, networking and therapeutic recreation for families affected by disabilities.
– To provide Hippotherapy in our program.
– To provide a therapeutic equine activity setting for our volunteers (and realize volunteers are secondary clients for our program).
– To provide Special Olympics training in our program.
– To become a premier PATH Intl. Accredited Center.